The SAFNOG Management Committee welcomes proposals to host future SAFNOG conferences. Even though SAFNOG is open to the entire world, the meetings are physically hosted in a different southern African country each year.
Please submit proposals to host future SAFNOG events here >
Past SAFNOG events can be viewed here >
We are looking for presenters who would:
> Offer a technical tutorial on an appropriate topic;
> Participate in the technical conference sessions as a speaker;
> Convene and chair panel sessions of relevant topics.
Please submit on-line here
- >Call for Papers OpensTBC
- >First Draft Program PublishedTBC
- >Final Deadline for SubmissionsTBC
- >Final Program PublishedTBC
- >Final Slides ReceivedTBC
The SAFNOG Programme Committee is organised in three parts, including workshops, tutorials and the conference.
Topics for tutorials and the conference must be relevant to Internet Operations and Technologies:
– IPv4 / IPv6 Routing and operations
– IPv6 deployment and transition technologies
– Internet backbone operations
– ISP and Carrier services
– IXPs and Peering
– Research on Internet Operations and Deployment
– The African Internet
– Network security issues (NSP-SEC, DDoS, Anti-Spam, Anti-Malware)
– DNS / DNSSEC
– Internet policy (Security, Regulation, Content Management, Addressing, etc)
– Access and Transport Technologies, including Cable/DSL, 3G/LTE, wireless, metro ethernet, fibre, MPLS
– Content & Service Delivery (Multicast, Voice, Video, “telepresence”, Gaming) and Cloud Computing
Draft slides for both tutorials and conference sessions MUST be provided with CfP submissions otherwise the Programme Committee will be unable to review the submission. For work in progress, the most current information available at time of submission is acceptable.
All draft and complete slides must be submitted in PDF format only.
Final slides are to be provided by the specified deadline for publication on the SAFNOG website.
Prospective presenters should note that the majority of speaking slots will be filled well before the final submission deadline. The Programme Committee will retain a limited number of slots up to the final submission deadline for presentations that are exceptionally timely, important, or of critical operational importance.
Please submit here
Any questions or concerns should be addressed to the Programme Committee co-chairs by e-mail to:
We look forward to receiving your presentation proposals.
- >Molly Cheam
- >Nishal Goburdhan
- >Ali Resting
- >Natasha Williamson
- >Linda Carter
- >Mark Tinka
If you would like to contribute to the success of SAFNOG, kindly take a moment to download our Sponsorship Matrix